cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX v.4.8 with MDK-ARM v.5.15

Posted on July 02, 2015 at 17:32

I am trying to generate initialization code for STM32F427ZITx.

Clock and peripherals configuration in a CubeMX is OK.

Code generation is OK.

All main files (startup, system, HAL drivers, initialization routines) in a generated project seem to be in place,

But, when I open a generated project in MDK-ARM, nothing seems to be configured in a Run-Time Environment. And, as far as I understand, the Cube should take care of it.

The configuration project builds fine in MDK. But when I am trying to run a debug session, it starts at 0x1FFF5162, and, of coarse, doesn't run.

Loading application to the flash doesn't work either.

Am I missing something?

I tried to research the problem, but the only related document I was able to find is a year old Keil app note on integration of CubeMX into MDK. They recommend to use some very outdated (v.1) family pack.

I can write configuration manually in MDK, but don't want to miss the great CubeMX's capability to reconfigure on a fly.

Will appreciate any advice on a subject.

Thank you,

Gennady  
2 REPLIES 2
chrif
Associate II
Posted on July 03, 2015 at 15:34

Hi gennady,

For debugging, verify that the connection is serial. go to Options for target..->Debug->use ST-link debugger->settings->Port:SW. Also, verify the choice of the flash under flash download.

Hope, this can help.

Regards

0690X00000603SMQAY.jpg

Posted on July 04, 2015 at 18:12

My fault.

The BOOT0 pin on a board was hardwired to 1, so controller booted in a system memory.

And I didn't pay attention.

Thank you,

Gennady