madhu13
Associate II
Posted on March 17, 2011 at 13:13

adc

3 REPLIES 3
raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:28

You will first have to determine your criteria for ''rising edge of the input''. Is this any positive change, or is it when the input exceeds a threshold, is the threshold variable, and what is the tolerance for noise?

The ADC includes a capability to convert one or two injected set of channels triggered by external interrupts (see the all densities reference manual). One solution is to use a comparator on your PCB as the interrupt source. The comparator inputs would be the signal and a threshold reference. The threshold reference could be fixed, or be a programmable DAC channel output value.

If you truly mean any rising edge, then you will have to pass the signal through a differentiator before inputting it to the comparator.

If you can sample much faster than the signal frequencies of interest, a hardware simple but software complex solution is to sample frequently and discard any samples that don't meet the criteria.

Cheers, Hal

raptorhal2
Lead

How are you ''capturing the frequency''?

Assuming you have done that somehow, just turn on the ADC for at least 3 cycles and throw away the beginning samples until you get a transition from decreasing to increasing values. You will have to allow for signal noise in your transition criteria.

Cheers, Hal

madhu13
Associate II

hi thank you for the response, my application is fist i am capturing the frequency, and then using this captured frequency i calculate the sampling time such that i should sample only 2 cycle of signal, capture interrupt is on rising edge...and i want to to start the sampling on rising edge....after sampling i need to pass the samples to DFT function.

Madhuri.......