Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2010 at 02:01

STEVAL-MKI062V2 Start up

8 REPLIES 8
Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:04

Hi,

I think that the embedded firmware, should work out-of the box, using the mini-USB connector and seen by the Host as an additional Virtual RS232 port. 

Cheers,

STOne-32.

kirank
Associate II

Got it thanks.

pjorgeea
Associate

Hi I am trying to connect the STEVAL-MKI062V2 and I am having the same problems that this comment. I took the board from the box, connected it through the mini USB to the PC, the board is recognized as Serial port COM8 but when I select connect in the GUI it sends a message saying: device is disconnected. What is wrong?

Also, for the version 1 of the board there is the iNEMO_wrapper_matlab.pdf document but the corresponding one for version 2 does not exist, or does it? Could I have it? The problem is that the lybrary for version 1 has the command INEMO_SDK_Start to strat receiving data, but this command doesn not exist in the library for V2, which command should I use to start receiving data?

Regards

kirank
Associate II

Hi Escamilla,

I got it working. All you have to do is once you know the port number. open the iNEMO GUI application and select that port in settings under Tools>Communication.

Now on the main window you can hit connect. And you see the data data.

I am not sure about the second part.

Good luck..

Kumar

ludwig
Associate

Hi,

it seems that some of the MKI062V2 boards are delivered with the wrong firmware (MKI062V1) flashed. You can check it, if you look at your PC's device manager output, after you have plugged in the iNEMO board. If you see ''

STEVAL-MKI062V1 iNEMO Platform...'' in the Ports-Line (COM & LPT), you have the wrong firmware. The ST-support can give you an advice how to upgrade via the DFUSE tool.

Cheers

Bossamba

Adriano BASILE
Associate III

Could be a firmware upgrade problem.

Try to update it in the follow way (

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/um/17902.pdf

)

1)Plug only the STEVAL-MKI062V2 board

a) Download and install the DFUSe from the support url

(

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/families/evaluation_boards/stevalmki062

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/families/evaluation_boards/stevalmki062v2.htm

b) Run the DFU application

c) Start the device in dfu mode --> Plug the usb cable

pressing the button (SW2)

d) The device is recognized as DFU device, then select the

.dfu file from installation folder of iNEMO application under firmware/DFUimage folder and upgrade

e) Press Leave DFU mode --> the device will ask to install

the driver

f) Check the Device Manager now in ports you will find the

STEVAL-MKI062V2 device connected

g) Run the iNemo application

Regards

AB

bad
Associate

Hi escamilla,

i have a similar problam like you. i try to read from the MKI062v2 board in matlab, but didn't figured out yet. Did you?

i can load the dll library in matlab and also get a connection to turn on/off the LED, but when i try to get some data, i stuck with the structure.

i also tried to use the old dll library (v1), but don't get a connection.

maybe you have a short m-file to read some data from the device and can show me? This would be great.

Best Regard

Boris

afsanahmad
Associate II

Hi

I am using STEVAL-MKI062V1. I am trying to load dll library in Matlab but i get the error (the error is given below). i have tried both V1 and V2 dll.. I am using Matlab R2009b.. 

error is as fallow::::

Error loading library intermediate output follows.

The actual error is at the end of this output.

Type 'LPCSTR' was not found.  Defaulting to type error.

Found on line 101 of input from line 100 of file C:\\Program Files (x86)\\STMicroelectronics\\iNEMO Suite\\redistrib\\iNEMO_SDK.h

Type 'LPSTR' was not found.  Defaulting to type error.

Found on line 128 of input from line 127 of file C:\\Program Files (x86)\\STMicroelectronics\\iNEMO Suite\\redistrib\\iNEMO_SDK.h

best regards

ahmad