Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing the iNemo2 firmware

kirank
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2011 at 04:53

Hi Folks,

I bought the iNEMO V2 evaluation board. It has the demostration firmware on it. I would like to use this board as a complete system since it has all the sensors on it. So, will I be able to install the Demo iNemo firmware once I erase the Flash. I am thinking it should be possible. Can I know how I can do this. I have a RLink and RIDE7 for the development purpose.

8 REPLIES 8
kirank
Associate II
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 21:33

Any light on this please.

Fabio
Associate II
Posted on March 01, 2011 at 15:01

Hi Kumar,

In theUM0993 you can find the DFU firmware upgrading procedure.

I also inform you that the DFUfeaturesis now available inside the new Suite 2.2.0downlodable at

http://www.st.com/inemo

Best Regards

Fabio

Attachments :

CD00284294.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzYE&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bNW%2F5UV3OFTmEOWMTM5pnW4ZwHP5L0s2JPeN2U_EzbX9g6w&asPdf=false
kirank
Associate II
Posted on March 01, 2011 at 19:23

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your response. In the UM0993 we can find the DFU firmware upgrading procedure. Which asks me to enter the DFU mode by pressing the SW2 button.

My question is once the device is flashed with some of my experiment firmware, the iNEMO application firmware will be erased and I would not be able to enter the DFU mode since the firmware for iNEMO application is not present in the Flash memory of the microcontroller.

Is there a project or .hex file that I can use with RIDE7 and Rlink to flash the microcontroller with the iNEMO application.

Fabio
Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2011 at 14:41

To avoid to erase the DFU program embedded in iNEMO, our suggest is to build your application mapping the NVIC_TABLE at address 0x08003000 and use a linker file with the same offset. The linker files with offset will be available in the USB libraries inside the folder “STM32_USB-FS-Device_Lib_V3.2.1/Project/Device_Firmware_Upgrade/binary_template� according to your toolchain. The USB libraries for STM32F103xxx are available at the following link

http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/resourceSelector/app?page=resourceSelector&doctype=FIRMWARE&FamilyID=141

We don’t have any .hex file for RIDE toolchain. If you follow the abovementioned rules, you can upgrade the iNEMO application every time you need using the embedded functionality to upgrade the firmware in the iNEMO suite. Obviously if now the onboard embedded DFU firmware  is deleted, you have to download it again in the default reserved memory locations (start address 0x08000000) using the source code available under the iNEMO_DFU_Project subfolder inside the Suite installation path.

Best Regards

iNEMOâ„¢ Team

kirank
Associate II
Posted on March 04, 2011 at 00:21

Great response Thanks Fabio.

I will try this and see how it works.

Kumar

kirank
Associate II
Posted on March 04, 2011 at 06:29

Hi Fabio,

I tried to program the iNemo board with a Led blink demo application with the code start at 0x8003000. After this I tried to enter the DFU mode, on the desktop it detects the USB device, but it says device is not recognized.

I tried to program the micro controller with DFU firmware application by converting IAR project to RIDE7 project with same files. I am still getting the same message on the desktop.

Any suggestion on this

Thanks,

Kumar

Posted on May 16, 2011 at 17:48

Hi Kumar,

I also had issues with the iNemo demo app after I erased the original flash contents and replaced it with my own application.

You may have noticedthat the flash contents from offset 0x8000000 - 0x80002fff are not included in the ..\DFU_Images\*.hex files included in the iNemo support files. The flashimages provided onlycontain app code from offset 0x80003000 and above, leaving out the important ''loader section'' of the code. The boot0 pin is pulled to ground so the cpu will boot from offset 0x80000000. If you erase that section the iNemo app will not work even if you load any of the DFU_Images\*.hex files provided.

The ST online team sent me the missing loader sectionhex file and noweverything is working well. I have attached the file they sent me.

I also suggested to the ST guys that future iNemo releases contain this loader section hex file.

hope that helps,

Phil

Attachments :

INEMO_DFU.HEX : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzXl&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bNV%2FIGbyJJzLREw3QA37LvVnDFH1y0lMYanslzh37IDHeAc&asPdf=false
kirank
Associate II
Posted on July 21, 2011 at 20:40

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response. Its good to hear it can be done. Can you please provide me more detailed procedure of how you made it to work.

Appreciate you help.

Kumar