Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU with the MCBSTM32E from Keil

darkfirefighter
Associate III
Posted on September 15, 2011 at 11:21

Hi everybody,

i have here an MCBSTM32E and i want to upgrade its Firmware via USB.

So i found the DFU example from ST and tried to load it to the board, it worked.

But i have some trouble with switching between DFU and Usermode. As i have seen in the example from ST there is the function DFU_Button_Read() called but what button is this on the MCBSTM32E?

I also tried to define a own Button but with no success.

I also have some general questions about DFU:

Have i understood right that at for example adress 0x8000000 starts the DFU programm and when the button is pressed the programm will jump to 0x8003000 where the User programm is located.

With the DfuSe i only write the programm to 0x8003000 and dont change the DFU programm at the beginning?

Hope you can help me and understand my horrible english ^^

Thanks and regards

Mathias

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on September 15, 2011 at 15:10

In your cross-post on the Keil forum, you say you've already fixed this:

http://www.keil.com/forum/19543

You should always include links when posting the same question on multiple forums, and take care to keep them all updated - you will not be popular when people find they've wasted their time giving an answer on one forum that's already been given on another...!

darkfirefighter
Associate III
Posted on September 15, 2011 at 15:40

Uh well ok i will remember it for the next time.

But i am still not sure about my generaly questions, thats why i posted here, too.

I havent written that i fixed the button problem because i had no time so far.

Well now for all, the butten problem is fixed but are my thoughts about the DFU process correct?

regards