Did you mean: 

STM3210C USART problem

edgarscurkste
Associate
Posted on August 30, 2010 at 13:39

STM3210C USART problem

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:04

Not sure how you are initializing the system, but the USART2 settings look valid.

Perhaps you should try sending ASCII characters as they will be easier to see in a terminal tool like RealTerm.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
judet
Associate

I have the same problem.  Tried ascii for easier debugging to confirm problem.

Did any one get passed this problem?  Please share if you solved it.

Do you have the STM3210C-EVAL (not a Keil / IAR / Olimex varient)? or something else?

I have the STM3210E-EVAL, plus several other STM32 custom board. I have applications using 3 USART without issue.

You could try using a scope and confirming the data and bit timings. The most likely issue is with baud timings, or a mismatch in framing setting between the Tx and Rx devices. Using something like RealTerm might also be helpful, and orders of magnitude better than HyperTerm.

Make sure the receive data is jumpered (JP16) to come from the RS232 connector, not the IRDA transceiver. And that the DCD pin (1) of the RS232 connector is not causing a Boot Loader Reset, and CTS pin (8) to BOOT0.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
judet
Associate

Thanks for your feedback clive1.

Your feedback was excellent!  Problem solved.

My hardware is: STM3210C-EVAL using IAR as my IDE.

lurie
Associate II

Hello

I have an STM3210C_EVAL board

I have a strange problem

1. I am working with some device that is connected with RS485/RS232 converter halfduplex to USART2 of the EVAL board

2. When I configure the USRAT2 with 38400 baudrate everything is fine (sending and receiving correct data).

3. When working with 9600 baudrate I receive garbage (but I am sure the Tx was OK because the device replies)

4. Working with this device in the same way on PC makes no problem in 9600 and 38400

Thank you for your help