cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help configuring 8 bit SRAM with STM32F103 (144pin ,765KF)

Posted on December 10, 2012 at 12:14

Hi all

I have two 8 x 512K (8 bit bus) SRAM( IS61LV5128AL-10TLI ) connected to STM32F103(144 pin) via FSMC using NE2 and NE3 select signals.

Please help me to configure the FSMC to access SRAM in data memory mode (system SRAM)

the example provided with the library only show how to use 16bit SRAM on NE1 and it is not clear enough how to configure the FSMC to 8 bit mode on NE2,3

I am using the IAR (6.15) tool-chine

Thanks

Bobi

#stm32-sram
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on December 10, 2012 at 16:20

The only difference to 16-bit memories should be the MWID field in respective FSMC_BCRx register. I don't know how does this translate into the ''library'' calls, I don't use the ''library''.

And of course, you don't need to map the high data bits to the pins.

JW

Posted on December 11, 2012 at 10:34

Hi

Thank you for the replay,

I have try many methods but still not working (I have tested the SRAM in RAM buffer mode (configured within the software) - and its works) there for i think it is only a config problem. 

I will need some code line's to show me the way - Can you please add

Thank you

Bobi

Posted on December 11, 2012 at 20:56

As I said above, start from the code you have for the 16-bit memory and modify where needed.

Post the code for the 16-bit memory here, so we can collectively chew on it.

Btw. you should be able to use an 8-bit memory in 16-bit mode, too, in a limited way (every other byte would be lost).

JW

PS. Just noticed that you desire to use a different chipselect pin... that's the only other needed modification, then.