cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link

jepjoh2
Associate II
Posted on September 21, 2010 at 20:37

Is the ST-Link host protocol documented somewhere? Or maybe some documentation for the STLinkUSBDriver.dll?

4 REPLIES 4
infoinfo968
Associate II
Posted on September 21, 2010 at 21:14

Not that I'm aware of. ST weren't releasing details regarding the USB protocols for the STM8S board.

I have managed to compile and upload code to the STM32VLD board now using the bootloader and all open source software but it would obviously be much better if we could use the USB port - quicker, more reliable, no extra hardware and possibility of debugging.

However, the STM32VLD does have the same problem as the ST8SD board, in that the USB port which emulates a memory card doesn't work properly in non-Windows environments.

jepjoh2
Associate II
Posted on September 22, 2010 at 13:31

That's what I suspected :(

It would be nice to have a simple tool simply for loading files into flash. The ST Link Utility can do that with bin files, but you need big workarounds to generate those files

I can get Atollic to load the elf files into the flash, but it crashes half of the times due to seemingly unrelated issues. And I can't debug those from there, since I code in FreePascal

All in all, if there simply was a simple tool that could program the flash from an ELF file I would be happy. I am going to try to figure out the interface to the DLL and post my findings.

Having a definite source for the STMass_SendMessage function would just have been nice, but I suspect I would have to buy that specification 🙂 

Regards,

Jeppe

normsun
Associate
Posted on September 23, 2010 at 23:53

I'm be also very interested to the ST-LINK Linux driver. I know many of companies keep their jtag or similar debug interface information in close. There is one story I learned is the Linux wifi driver. Most of wifi device manufacture provide Windows driver only, but Linux community has built a common wifi device wrap driver, which takes the Windows driver and wrap it up to use on Linux. It does sacrifices on performance somewhat, but works at least. This approach will make the company stay easy on the concern of IP disclosure, while provides supporting to Linux community.

If any progress on this, please post here, I will be likely to know.

normsun
Associate
Posted on September 28, 2010 at 18:48

Hi guys,

Here I saw an interesting discussion on ST-LINK with openOCD ( an opensourced Open On-Chip Debugger). ST provided the API under non-disclosure agreement.  May Jeppe get the API from ST under the same agreement too?

Here is the link for your interesting.

http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg13758.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg13758.html