cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beep in UM_0884

carnett1
Associate II
Posted on November 01, 2010 at 20:48

I am using UM_0884 to learn more about STM8S-discovery and everything wa going good until I connected the beeper as shown on page 6/23.  The problem is it doesn't work. hyperterminal.c seems to work and it calls beeper enable but nothing happens.  It does get into BEEP_Cmd but how does it send information to an io port?  It looks like it uses tim2 but time2 is never initialized.  can anyone tell me were the mistake is in the manual or code?

charles

7 REPLIES 7
brazov22
Associate II
Posted on November 02, 2010 at 07:55

To enable beeper output on PD4 you need to set AFR7 using STVP go in the option byte tab.

brazov2

carnett1
Associate II
Posted on November 05, 2010 at 13:55

I open STVD and load my hyperterminal project using cosmic.  Where do I find the option byte tab you mention.  I look at the tabs on the tool bars and cannot find it.  thank you so much for trying to help.

charles

Grom
Associate II
Posted on November 05, 2010 at 14:48

Hello Charles,

- You can access STVP by clicking on : Tools>Programmer. and push ''run STVP'' button.

- in STVP : go to Option-Byte tab , modify the AFR7 option and  click on ''Program>Current tab''

Best Regards

Grom

stephane serre_O
Associate II
Posted on November 05, 2010 at 15:49

Hello Charles,

Do not mix STVD and STVP. They are both part of the ST toolset.

The option byte tab brazov2 is talking about is part of STVP menu.

Best regards

stefast 

carnett1
Associate II
Posted on November 05, 2010 at 16:22

I am using Device: STM8S105x6

Board: ST-LINK

Port: USB

Programming Mode: SWIM

but it seems as if after trying to set AFR7 that i have lost communication with my RS232 ie. my computer.  Any suggestions?

I am not sure I did anything in the ioptons byte I simply clicked on AFR7 both left adn right and nothing seemed to happen.  Also, I don't know how I installed STVD in the first place.  I am a newbee to the stm8s-discovery kit

carnett1
Associate II
Posted on November 05, 2010 at 17:03

I am making improvments, but still not there.  I have AFR7 set in STVD but it still doesn't work so I  hve some debugging to do thanks so far

chaarles

brazov22
Associate II
Posted on November 06, 2010 at 20:14

On STVD select menu TOOLS, then PROGRAMMER then select tab SETTINGS and finally click on button RUN STVP and see attachment.

brazov2