Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC Scan MODe

ezrab
Associate II
Posted on November 25, 2010 at 15:38

hi.

i have aquestion.

if i use the scan mode to measure sevrel channels at the end of the list of channel to measure how can i collect all the data from all the channels?

or do i have collect the data after every measre?

thanks for your help.
6 REPLIES 6
STM32 hobbyist
Associate III
Posted on November 25, 2010 at 17:36

You can refer to AN3116: ''STM32's ADC modes and their applications''. It shows you how to use the ADC its different modes with correspendant example.

ezrab
Associate II
Posted on November 28, 2010 at 07:01

hi.

thanks for the replay the document was good but only explainas the general option not how.

my question still remains how can i collect all the sampelling data after ''Multichannel (scan), single conversion mode''

where will it be stored?

is there an exampe to ''Multichannel (scan), single conversion mode''?

thanks

ezrab
Associate II
Posted on November 28, 2010 at 07:19

as far as i can understand this can be done with DMA to transfer the result of the conversion to the RAM but the DMA has only 7 channels what if i need more like 9 conversion?

is there away to do it?

thanks.

Posted on November 28, 2010 at 16:07

as far as i can understand this can be done with DMA to transfer the result of the conversion to the RAM but the DMA has only 7 channels what if i need more like 9 conversion?

is there away to do it?

And of those 7 DMA channels, exactly how many are connected to the ADC(s)? There is a diagram and table in the TRM that would be worth reviewing.

I haven't dug into this, but surely it would use a SINGLE DMA channel, and interleave/sequence the readings? And use a large linear, or circular buffer.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ezrab
Associate II
Posted on November 29, 2010 at 07:54

''use a SINGLE DMA channel, and interleave/sequence the readings? And use a large linear, or circular buffer.''

sounds great but where can i find how to do that?

thanks.
ezrab
Associate II
Posted on November 29, 2010 at 08:02

never mind i found it here AN3116

at scan ScanContinuous example.

thanks.