cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Programming (Atollic TrueSTUDIO lite)

infoinfo972
Associate
Posted on October 18, 2010 at 20:21

Hey There,

after three days of succesfull playing with my stm32discovery i tried to attach a sd-card. After this i got an error while programming the new Firmware:

C:/msys/1.0/build/tools/obj/gdb-7.1/gdb/regcache.c:178: internal-error: register_size: Assertion `regnum >= 0 && regnum < (gdbarch_num_regs (gdbarch) + gdbarch_num_pseudo_regs (gdbarch))' failed.

A problem internal to GDB has been detected,

further debugging may prove unreliable.

The error remains also after removing the sd card

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on October 18, 2010 at 22:28

Perhaps you could have damaged the chip. Check the wiring, check voltages, and oscillators. Try using the ST-LINK with the ''ST-LINK Utilities'' programs that STMicro has, it should be able to identify the chip, erase, re-program, etc, provided you haven't destroyed it.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
izua
Associate II
Posted on October 19, 2010 at 19:40

are you using the spi1 standard pinout, spi1 alternate pinout or spi2? if using the alternate pinout, you should notice that disabling the shared jtag pin (to enable the spi clock alternate function) will make any communication with the chip over st-link impossible.

infoinfo972
Associate
Posted on October 20, 2010 at 21:55

Hey Guys, thank you for answering and trying to help.

@clive1: Voltages seems to be correct, all other points: see below

@a. richard: I'm using the SPI standard pinout.

After some hours of unsucessfull try'n'error I made the decision to reinstall Atollic TrueStudio... amazing: it works.

Conclusion: sometimes the most implausible solution ist the best