Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32VL Discovery Kit Global Pinouts View

STM32 hobbyist
Associate III
Posted on October 18, 2010 at 21:26

Hi all,

I have created an xls file that summurizes all STM32 discovery kit pinouts. This to simplify the developpement with this kit and to have a quick overview on its I/O. It also helps to choose quickly which GPIOs, Timers, communication peripherals... will be used wihout consulting the datasheet. It also indicates which pins are being used by the kit: push buttons, SW, LEDs etc..

I'm waiting your feedbacks.

M3allem

10 REPLIES 10
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on October 19, 2010 at 01:53

That is excellent!

Maybe slightly overdone on the colours, but that's a minor point.

If only ST et al would provide this information in a machine-readable format in the first place!

I usually end up doing this kind of thing to collect together all the different information that is scattered all across the PDF manuals.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on October 19, 2010 at 01:56

''If only ST et al would provide this information in a machine-readable format in the first place!''

See: 

http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/stellaris_arm_cortex-m3_microcontroller/f/474/p/55364/196540.aspx#196540

STM32 hobbyist
Associate III
Posted on November 04, 2010 at 11:20

Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding the colours, the puropse is to make quick-identify what we should use in term of pinouts. If all done by the same colour (may be black and white) will be more difficult to identify the placements of each port/features etc..

STM32

Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on November 05, 2010 at 08:56

Indeed - but there are so many colours that it's just confusing & hard to follow!

Also bear in mind that not everyone has perfect colour vision...

donald2
Associate II
Posted on April 06, 2011 at 20:36

I have found this spreadsheet to be very useful.

It contained a few errors, such as the pin numbering order and header naming.  I've fixed the ones I found and added additional information and notes.

It does retain the bad color choice for the alternate functions.  Perhaps that will be motivation for someone else to further improve the content when they fix the superficial impression.

ybitton
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2011 at 13:25

It is useful, thanks guys for your sharing.

(My Excel failed to open the fixed file).

Don Lewis
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2011 at 04:27

Very Nice. I like your chart. Thanks.

Don

donald2
Associate II
Posted on June 21, 2011 at 15:06

Many updates

Better alternate function font color.

Added pin numbers for the 64 pin package.

Added pin function entries for other chips in the series.  This is useful if you prototype with a 'f100 Discovery board and use one of other chips later.

Added notes about a few chip pinout bugs.  It seems I've been bitten by most of them.  I should just cut off PB5...

More comments

kyawlwin
Associate II
Posted on July 10, 2011 at 16:59