Did you mean: 

STM32F103ZET6

ngocdiep
Associate II
Posted on November 17, 2010 at 10:45

STM32F103ZET6

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:15

I am studing STM32F103ZET6. I have some issues. Could you help me, pls?

Try reviewing the reference manual and other literature.

1/ Do STM32F103ZET6 support external SDRAM?

No, the controller will however support SRAM, NOR, NAND memories. ie parallel/static device to run code from. You could add other memories via SPI or flash cards.

2/ Do STM32F103ZET6 support hardware bootloader through UASRT1or USB ? what software (Falsh tool) should I use to debug and program?

Yes the ROM base bootloader will work with USART1 if you set the BOOT pins to run from system memory. ST has a Flash Loader which runs in Windows, and comes with source, that will use the bootloader. Try searching the ST site, or using Google. For debugging you need Keil, IAR, or Atollic, Rowley, etc, development tools and a JTAG debug pod, these will also be able to download code. The ST-LINK JTAG has utilities to do download outside of the development tools, Segger's J-LINK has J-Flash as an option.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ngocdiep
Associate II

1/ I see that but SRAM capacity is small, so Can I use PSRAM (MT45W8MW16BGX-701) instead of SRAM?

2/ If I use bootloader work with USART1. Can I use this bootloader to program? or I must to load firmware (software bootloader) to target (use JTAG) before use bootloader through USART1??

Thank you

Depending on the part, the STM32 supports devices up to 64MB on the FSMC, and has several chip select pins, and width options. Check the documentation.

Let me reiterate. The system boot loader is in ROM (ie it comes with it from the factory, you can't erase it) and it is available via USART1 (ie TXD, RXD, GND) at 3V CMOS

The USART1 bootloader permits the reading and writing of memory (RAM, FLASH), and execution of code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ngocdiep
Associate II

Thank you very much