Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iNemo STEVAL-MKI062V2 using C++

homedecaramel
Associate II
Posted on December 02, 2010 at 14:59

Hello everyone,

I've just purchased an evaluation board (iNemo STEVAL-MKI062V2) and I'm trying to run an application in Visual Studio 2010 Professional in C++. Here are my doubts:

- As user guide I just found the pdf (Application Note AN3144) but I've realised that this is for the Version1 (STEVAL-MKI062V1). Is there any difference between V1 and V2?

- Then, I've tried to use the help manual for version 1 and create a program. But I can't connect the board.

in the line:

iNEMO_Return = INEMO_SDK_ConnectFunction(''PL_001:COM12, BD115200'');

the iNEMO_Return variable, returns me an 8 (which means CMD_TIMEOUT)

Then, Visual studio says:

iNEMO_SDK.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

PL_001.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

even though I have both files in the Project folder

Any idea to solve this? Cause by now I couldn't connect.

I have to say that the iNEMO application works fine.

Thanks in advance.

Oriol

#sdk #inemo #visual-studio-2010-professional-c++ #stevalmki062v2 #mems-inemo #visual-studio #stevalmki062v1
8 REPLIES 8
Fabio
Associate II
Posted on December 02, 2010 at 17:40

Hi Oriol,

You need to download and install the iNemo Suite v2.0.0 from the following url  (

http://www.st.com/internet/evalboard/product/250367.jsp

à

“Design Supportâ€� 

à

“Software & Development Toolsâ€� 

à

“iNEMO GUI and firmware�). This is an application that works with your device connected.

In the installation path under ''Redistrib'' folder you will find the iNEMO2_SDK.dll  and its dependencies TL_002.dll and PL_001.dll for developing your own application (you need to have these dlls where your application runs to access the STEVAL-MKI062V2).

You will found also in ''Redistrib'' folder  the iNEMO2_SDK.h for win32 applications and the INEMO2_SDK_Wrapper.cs for C# application (in .NET). You can use this to access the inemo2_sdk.dll API.

Best Regards

iNEMOâ„¢ Team

homedecaramel
Associate II
Posted on December 03, 2010 at 16:19

Thanks Fabio.

I've found everything you've told me but still with the STEVAL-MKI062V1 exists an application code document that you can see here:

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/APPLICATION_NOTE/CD00263092.pdf

I just want to make sure that it doesn't exist with the STEVAL-MKI062V2 cause by now I'm trying to use the first version to implement the functions of the iNEMO2_SDK.h and it would be easier to have the Version 2

Thanks

homedecaramel
Associate II
Posted on December 09, 2010 at 10:27

I just wanted to say Fabio that I've already manage to use the functions and get the data from the iNEMO 

STEVAL-MKI062V2. So thanks for your information.

Oriol

comoms
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2011 at 16:37

Hi Oriol,

during latest weeks i developed a Matlab application working with iNemo STEVAL-MKI062V2 which estimate the device orientation.

Now i'm trying to implement the algorithm in MS Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, but i'm having some problems: even though the code is compiled correctly and executed without exceptions, i can't get any result and the return variables of the iNemo commands are setted to 1. I've attached the source code of the function described.

How did you resolve the connection problem using C++?

Thanks in advance.

Daniele

Fabio
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2011 at 19:13

Ciao Daniele,

Attached one ccp as example for get data from 2 boards connected to the same pc.

Now you can create the application consolle on Visual Studio 2005/08/10 and import the file.

Pay attention in order to have the dependencies (redistribution folder of iNEMO) in the same folder where the executable is launched.

A presto

iNEMOâ„¢ Team

comoms
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2011 at 21:50

Thanks for the quick reply 

I have created a new console app with the required dependencies, compiled it successfully and then launched. I'm still having errors during the connection; the com port is setted to the correct value (COM5 as in Matlab), but the handled device number is 4294967295 (2^32 -1) and i get the application error message (Failed to connect to iNEMO......).

I've attached the source code.

Where am i wrong?

Grazie mille Fabio...

comoms
Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2011 at 20:18

Hi,

i have resolved the connection problems; they were due to the usage of the not correct libraries (they were not the latest versions). Once i've downloaded the latest versions of the iNemo Suit and DfuSe i've been able to connect to the device with the same C++ file (now i can also use the AHRS mode).

Grazie Fabio!

Fabio
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 14:58

...i'm pleased for good news!

Just to highlight that inside the SDK file, you can find an example that show the loading sequence for SDK file into Visual Studio 2005.

Ciao

Fabio