cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3210C_EVAL and LwIP implementation example (AN3102)

rimboudsl
Associate
Posted on June 13, 2011 at 17:26

Hi all.

I tried to use the AN3102 example, which enable to implement the LwIP Ethernet stack on mu dedicated STM3210C_EVAL, composed of an STM32F107 µC.

However, when I link it to the network or directly to my computer, I can't run the telnet or http examples. I tried to ''ping'' the board but the command guest display ''Hardware Error''.

All addresses (MAC, PHY and IP) seem to be correctly initialized and jumpers are correctly placed on the board (as is explained in the Application Note)

So I wish to know where does the problem come from, and which are the ways can I explore in the code to resolve it.

Thanks you all in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 13, 2011 at 17:45

May be you need to break out your JTAG debugger, and check the ethernet hardware, and interrupts to see if you're receiving anything. Start with the basic levels of communication, and work out from there.

One might imagine if you connect it to an active network you might see some broadcast traffic on the network. Start with 802.3 packets, then check for UDP/TCP packets. Things like WireShark may be useful, as would something like an old hub, and a network card in promiscuous mode.

Are you setting the IP addresses manually, or getting them via DHCP? The latter would suggest you are getting some two way communication. Does the MAC address of your board should up in your router?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..