fiim
Associate III
Posted on February 04, 2011 at 12:35

ADC functionality in STM32F1 & STM32L15x series

2 REPLIES 2
fiim
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:23

Very big step-type behavior isn't necessary, there is enough 12 bits(for our applications), but stability is important.

I use averaging for 100-1000 measurements(not increasing of sample time). Besides I use some channels for some purposes,

i.e. a scan mode (1,2,3  1,2,3  ... (*1000 times)): 1000 interruptions (! why) to add results and then to once average.

Besides, it is necessary to waste time on constant measurement Vrefint, and then to adjust concerning it each channel.

Besides, on small voltage the big accuracy is necessary, i.e. the elementary amplifier х1, х4 and х16 is necessary.

The microcontroller very cool and ADC at it already cool suffices. I didn't think

that introduction of all steams of such functions will strongly increase its cost(i don`t know).

Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:23

Dear iliya,

Thank you for your nice wish list about our 12-bit ADC, Interesting indeed .

May I ask you for what kind of application you need such features ? as these features add complexity and more important increase the Price

0690X0000060MlXQAU.gif . Yes, in near future we will have some new ADC modes with our Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M4. I suggest you to get in touch with your local ST contact to give some details about our Roadmap thru NDA.

Cheers,

STOne-