5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:24

''I was wondering if there was a definition missing''

Yes - that is what ''undefined'' means!

😉

''or the flow of function prototypes were wrong?''

Function prototypes are for the compiler's eyes only - so they would not cause Linker errors.

Symbols beginning with double underscores - like __SETPRIMASK and __RESETPRIMASK - should be reserved to the implementation. So check your RIDE documentation.

Are you sure you're not trying to build a Keil- or IAR-specific project in RIDE?

simonl
Associate II

Hi Niel.

Thanks for the reply. First things first. I once had an error, like this in the function prototype, where wheel_forward would use the function delay_10ms.

void delay_10ms(void);

void wheel_forward(void);

If I wrote these two functions in the wrong sequence, then the compiler wold stop with a warning because how would wheel_forward know what delay_10ms was since it came first? So that's why I asked about the function protoype :o)

Well anyway, I'm using Ride7 but it seems that there's a problem with this new edition, since the old projects worked with an older version of Ride7. And I'm NOT building a Keil nor an IAR project. I don't know how to do that. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Ride7 at this stage. But I predict that I'll be in some time :o) So my question is still, how do I get rid of the errors that Ride7 keeps producing?

Best regards,

Slynge

Andrew Neil
Chief II

''If I wrote these two functions in the wrong sequence, then the compiler wold stop with a warning because how would wheel_forward know what delay_10ms was since it came first? So that's why I asked about the function protoype''

Indeed. But my point was that those are Compiler  messages;  not Linker messages - and your question was specifically about Linker  messages.

''using Ride7 but it seems that there's a problem with this new edition, since the old projects worked with an older version of Ride7.''

That probably means that the version of the FWLib shipped/installed with your RIDE is out-of-step with the version that your project expects.

ST did change things about quite a bit - and it causes this kind of problem with all the toolsets.

As the question is specifically related to RIDE, you might be better asking in the Raisonance forum.

If you do cross-post, don't forget to give links between the threads...
simonl
Associate II

Hi Neil.

Sorry for misspelling your name in the earlier post. Yes yes and yes, you're wright. And yes ST did change a lot in their library. So right now I'll add the link to the Raisonance forum:

http://forum.raisonance.com/viewtopic.php?id=3535

So right now I'm waiting for an answer. Oh I forgot to mention, that the project compiles nicely in Windows 7 with the new ride7 but on a desktop! I'm using a notebook (Acer Travelmate 4230).

Best regards,

Simon

jlchoobs
Associate II
Posted on June 10, 2012 at 14:40

Don't bother worrying about N's negative comments.

He has been doing this all through the forum.

Some kid who likes crittiquing everybody - without giving any actual helpful advice.