cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can TIM9, TIM10, TIM11 be clocked by LSE in Stop Mode?

arthurg
Associate II
Posted on October 18, 2011 at 01:20

TIM9, TIM10, TIM11 be clocked by LSE in the STM32L151. Given this, can they continue to count even in Stop Mode?

The motivation for this question is that Stop Mode is described in terms of the HSE, MSI, and HSI clocks being off in this mode. However, the RTC can be clocked, and it uses LSE. This being the case, the question is whether the fact that LSE is active in Stop Mode also implies that these timers will continue to clock in Stop mode, if their clock source LSE.
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on October 18, 2011 at 04:42

Well according to the diagramming you should be able to use the ETR input to clock them with LSE. I didn't see an explicit indication that the timers are viable when the primary APB/TIM clock is off, but it would be pretty easy to demonstrate it one way or the other.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
arthurg
Associate II
Posted on October 18, 2011 at 19:27

Thank for replying.

I already know the timers can be clocked, and how. I am just trying to save the time of writing code to experiment by asking others who might have direct knowledge.

Posted on October 18, 2011 at 19:49

You'd do better just calling your local FAE, it's mostly users of the parts here.

The LSE isn't the primary clock for the peripheral, the APB clock could easily be turned off, wouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to try.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jpnorair2
Associate II
Posted on May 08, 2013 at 20:03

The simple answer is: no.

TIM9, 10, 11 require the APB clock to be working (APB2 if I recall correctly).