cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF01S WiFi Server Sockets

abrous3d
Associate II
Posted on February 28, 2016 at 21:46

I've been introduced to SPWF01S WiFi  during Embedded World 2016 exhibition at Nuremberg a few days ago.

I have an application that requires 8 or more server sockets in AP mode. SSL sockets would be a plus.

The guy in the STM booth told my that it is feasible with the latest firmware but I cannot see this in the datasheets.

DO you know if is this feasible with SPWF01S module or any other alternative?  

#spwf01s-wifi #sockets
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on March 01, 2016 at 16:53

Ciao Angelo,

latest firmware release does not affect the number of socket server that you can open on SPWF01S.

There is one instance of socket server, allowing access to one client; on the other side, there are 8 instances of socket client (one of them can be secured by TLS/SSL).

Moreover, miniAP allows association up to 5 clients (stations).

vrushali kokitkar
Associate II
Posted on December 15, 2017 at 07:18

Hello,

I am using x-nucleo-idw01m1 development board.I want to send data on tcp socket server ,my module is in station mode,baud rate is 115200,for that i am sending following commands via uart to spwf01sa wifi module-

AT+S.SOCKD=port<CR>

AT+S.SOCKON=host name,port,t,ind<CR>

but after sending AT+S.SOCKON command got error fail to connect...why is it?can you tell me the steps for the  tcp connection or commands?what i am doing wrong?

Thanks

vrushali

Posted on December 15, 2017 at 15:22

- SOCKD is needed to open a server, waiting for a remote client to connect

- SOCKON is needed to connect a remote server

If you have to connect a remote server, only need SOCKON command

Posted on December 16, 2017 at 07:05

Gerardo Gallucci,

First of all thanks for the reply.my configurations setting as follow as:

AT+S.SCFG=wifi_priv_mode,2<CR>

AT+S.SCFG=wifi_mode,1<CR>

But after sending AT+S.SOCKON=host name,port,t,ind<CR> i am getting same error '  failed to connect'...can you send me a sample code?or any tutorial regarding with this....

Thanks

vrushali      

Posted on December 16, 2017 at 11:02

There is a step-by-step tutorial called 'Hands On':

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/sales_and_marketing/presentation/product_presentation/group0/d9/23/1a/c2/0c/55/46/2c/STSW-IDW002%20Wifi%20hands-on%20training/files/stsw-idw002_wifi_training.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.stsw-idw002_wifi_training.pdf

You can follow Lab 3 for setting to existing AP, then Lab 7 for socket client management.

Since you have an x-nucleo-idw01m1, you can also start from existing projects contained into WIFI1 package:

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/x-cube-wifi1.html

It's up to you: work without an external host (hands-on) or with an STM32 as external host (WIFI1)

Hope this can help

jerry

Posted on April 27, 2018 at 10:13

Hello,

I want to check firmware authentication means correct code should upload into stm32(secure firmware update). I have downloaded sbsfu package for that but not getting what it exactly ,how it works, what is signature of firmware ,how to verified it.I am stuck with it please share example code for that or any document.

Thank you.