cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSMC with Display, Ram & Flash possible?

ersan
Associate II
Posted on June 10, 2013 at 17:57

Hi,

is it possible to use this two or three Devices on the FSMC or what is the max of possbile peripherials on the FSMC bus?

I wanted to connect my Display and an external SRAM (like the one of the STM32 Eval Board) with the LQFP176pin STM32F427.

My TFT: SSD1289 (http://www.wvshare.com/product/3.2inch-320x240-Touch-LCD-A.htm)

In the Microexplorer would I choose FSMC_CF for the display and FSMC_NOR_RAM for the SRAM?

Kind regards

Emilio

1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 10, 2013 at 18:56

I've seen designs with NAND, NOR and SRAM as well as an LCD. They unfortunately used a 144-pin chip so most other functionality was crowded out. I'd recommend you push as much of the FSMC pin utilization to the high order pins and GPIO banks where there is less clashing over Alternate Function.

I'm waiting on delivery of the board for further analysis, but some of the USART/CAN/ETHERNET/USB-HS/SDCARD stuff in the schematic was giving me a bit of a headache.

The limit on peripherals is mainly limited by the loading and/or buffering of the address/data/control pins, and the address decoding scheme you implement externally.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..