Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32vl discovery as st-link

weedoug18
Associate II
Posted on May 20, 2011 at 13:52

Hello,

I m trying to use the stm32vldiscovery board as a stand alone st-link programer, to program a stm32f207 microcontroller, through stm3220f board.

As I plug the two board one to the other, before to start the debug session the stm32f2 (which is still runnning the old program) go quickly really warm.

Anyone got these problem?

I have checked the connection, but is there a need of any other wire?

Thanks for your support.
3 REPLIES 3
geoffreymbrown
Associate II
Posted on May 20, 2011 at 14:16

Did you remove the jumpers on the discovery board ?   The user manual shows where these are.    With the usb port pointing up, the jumpers are on the upper right.  The connector to use for programming your stm32f207 is on the upper left.  If your stm32f207 board is powered, just connect the ground, and swd signals.

Posted on May 20, 2011 at 19:31

Is the STM32F2 series even supported by the ST-LINK V1? The L and F2 series parts seem to be using the ST-LINK V2. And you should certainly be looking for the newest drivers.

http://www.st.com/internet/evalboard/product/251168.jsp

Are the voltages compatible, and how do have it wired?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
weedoug18
Associate II
Posted on May 26, 2011 at 16:29

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

I actually use the V2 version, the jumpers and wire are OK I think because I could program the chip without any problem using ST-Link Utility.

I have installed the V2 version on uVision4 and check that the DLL are the same with ST-Link utility. I am using 4 wire(GND VDD (3.3V) SWCLK & SWDIO) but the chip become warm with uVision so I disconnect it. Is it possible that's a Voltage setting? cause I could choose a range with ST link Utility but not with uVision4, (Or I don't know how...)

Any way thanks for the support.

Best regards,

Antoine