Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 P107 Olimex and RTX Keil kernel

edxxgardo
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2011 at 15:59

Hi everybody,

I really hope you can give me a help with the following question:

I have an Olimex STM32 P107 board and I want to use the RTX Kernel from Keil using the uVision compiler. The problem is the PHY Controller, a STE101P, for which there is no driver provided in  the ARM Keil compiler package.  From the Olimex site I can download a driver, but this is used along with uIP stack and IAR compiler. I checked some similar driver in the Keil directory from other manufacturers, but I couldn't find any similar. Porting the driver is not an easy task. First, I would like to get any tips from you, otherwise I have to dig into the code and see how much I can do. Thanks in advance,
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on September 20, 2011 at 00:42

''Porting the driver is not an easy task''

Why not?

aqueisser
Senior
Posted on September 20, 2011 at 17:13

The PHY register sets are pretty similiar, you could probably use the examples from here, which use the same micro, or at least the same Ethernet peripheral:

C:\Keil\ARM\Boards\ST\STM3210C-EVAL\RL\TCPnet

C:\Keil\ARM\Boards\Keil\MCBSTM32C\RL\TCPnet

Compare the register map of your PHY with the one used on the STM3210C-EVAL and MCBSTM32C and I bet  it's almost identical. The examples above might just work unchanged.

Andrew

edxxgardo
Associate II
Posted on September 23, 2011 at 10:01

Thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate it. I said ''not easy'' just because I thought I had to change to much the code, but after having a look in details I see that they look similar.

Cheers,