cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 4.5.0 is incompatible with Atollic True Studio

krubow
Associate II
Posted on November 26, 2014 at 18:28

I recently upgraded my STM32CubeMX from version 4.3.1 to version 4.5.0. I did this because 4.3.1 had a bug causing user modifies code in the automatically generated files to be corrupted whenever the project was regenerated by CubeMX. I was told that CubeMX 4.5.0 fixed this bug. It did, but there was an even bigger bug in 4.5.0. I use Atollic True Studio. CubeMX is supposed to be able to generate projects for Atollic. Version 4.3.1 generated perfectly good projects for Atollic. But the projects generated by Cube MX version 4.5.0 will not work with Atollic True Studio. I get errors from the compiler stating that thumb mode is not supported by the selected processor. My processor is an STM32F427ZI. I was told by ST Micro that CubeMX was not setting the processor type correctly in the project. I was told how to select the processor type manually. But try as I might, I still get the same errors. The selected processor shows up correctly in Atollic (after I manually set it), but the compiler still says thumb mode is not supported.

I have been working with ST Micro support on this problem for days. They finally gave up and said they cannot help me. I am using Atollic True Studio for ARM Pro 5.2.0 on Windows 8.1. This is the latest and greatest of everything, and it simply DOES NOT WORK with Cube MX 4.5.0.

Has anyone else seen this incompatibility between CubeMX and Atollic? I would surely like to know a solution, but for now I think all I can do is revert back to CubeMX 4.3.1 and live with the user code corruption issue.

Lift shouldn't be this hard.
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 26, 2014 at 19:00

Life shouldn't be this hard.

Says a man using Atollic (Eclipse) and Cube. Life's about make good choices.

Please post Cube related stuff to the [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/AllItems.aspx]appropriate forum.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on January 09, 2015 at 11:45

Hello,

This issue will be fixed in STM32CubeMX 4.6 coming out end of this month.

You can try the following workaround:

in TrueStudio, open the ''Properties'' interface and verify the compilation settings, then press ''Apply''.

Best regards.