Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030R8 TIM3 remap to port C

Chan.Calvin
Associate II
Posted on November 17, 2015 at 09:58

Hi guys

I referred to the timer 3 channels remapped to port C for STM32F030R8.

The datasheet DM00088500 version 2 page 30 did not mention there is a restriction for the mapping, while page 37 do carry a small (1) footnote mentioning about its availability is only applied to STM32F030xC devices only.

I did some code to configure Port C for the TIM3 channels for my intended STM32F030R8 and they all work.  I am writing here to check with any user knows if the feature is actually available also  for STM32F030R8?  Or it is just an unproven features for the R8 version?

In other words, can I use Port C remapping TIM3 channels for STM32F030R8?

Calvin

#stm32f030r8-tim3-portc
2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 18, 2015 at 10:56

Hi chan.calvin,

TIM3 mapping on port C pins is available for all F030 products, as correctly stated in the pinout table.

What is available exclusively on F030xC product is GPIOC_AFR register, which allows to select from several alternate functions associated to each pin of port C. 

On smaller products, this register has no meaning, function in AF0 column is selected by default and can’t be altered.

As a result, your code will be working for F030x8 when you put GPIO to an alternate function mode, regardless the setting you will do (or not) in GPIOC_AFR.

This was exact meaning of note (1), we are going to modify datasheet to be more clear on that.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Chan.Calvin
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2015 at 14:27

Hi Mayla

Thank you for the clarification.  The (1) is referring to the alternate function number other than the default 0, not referring to the features that are only specific to the xC parts.

Surely this the ambiguity of the datasheet, and I am looking forward for the rectification.

Rgd

Calvin