Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st link error message: Can't halt the core

joembiye
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2012 at 11:11

Hi All,

I'm having a problem to the micro on my board. I'm using the ST-link debugger to debug the STM32F103ZGT6 over SWD. I'm working with Atollic. It was working fine until today, it worked a few times and I started to get that ''Error in initializing ST-link'' when trying to debug in Atollic. After that, I get this message ''Error in sourced command file:

localhost:61234: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.'' in Atollic. I tried to connect to the micro with the ST-link utility and I get this error message ''Can't halt the core''.

I would appreciate your help. 

Thank you.

Joel

#stm32-stlink
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on May 10, 2012 at 13:25

Does the code you previously downloaded use DMA, WFI or reprogram SWD related pins?

Try getting BOOT0 high and rebooting into the System ROM to regain control of the part.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
joembiye
Associate II
Posted on May 14, 2012 at 12:40

Hi clive1,

Sorry to be late in my feedback. I was busy finishing some other projects. I did as you said, accessing the system memory and download the code and it worked. Yes the code I previously downloaded uses DMA. What can be the problem? Because I also used DMA in another project and I didn't get this error.

thank you very much.

Joel