cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F767 LWIP UDP ECHO SERVER for EWARM.

Asantos
Senior
Posted on September 12, 2016 at 17:02

Hi,

I did a basic udp echo server  EWARM project using the cubeMx for NUCLEO-F767.

The problem is that sometimes it is need to send a couple of udp packets to receive them and another problem is that if I enable the caches, the board don't receive packets anymore.

Can someone send me a simple EWARM udp-ip example to validate my NUCLEO-F767 hardware and use it as reference to discovery what is wrong with my project?

Ari.

4 REPLIES 4
slimen
Senior
Posted on September 14, 2016 at 17:02

Hi,

I suggest to you this example within 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

:

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_UDP_Echo_Server

You can get inspiration from this example and compare with your generated code to identify what is going wrong.

Regards
Asantos
Senior
Posted on September 16, 2016 at 03:28

I already used the file udp_echoserver.c from this example in my project generated by the cubeMx. Or the generated cubemx code is bug or it is my hardware.

I do not understand how the ST launches a card that has only ethernet, without any ethernet examples.

Ari.

Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 5:18 PM

Subject: NUCLEO-F767 LWIP UDP ECHO SERVER for EWARM.

Hi,

I suggest to you this example within 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

:

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_UDP_Echo_Server

You can get inspiration from this example and compare with your generated code to identify what is going wrong.

Regards
arainho
Associate II
Posted on September 18, 2016 at 04:30

I am also suffering with this board. I spent three days trying to diagnose why the board stops receiving packets and just counts up crc reception errors at startup. Maybe ethernet on this board is just buggy and that is why no samples are distributed. I posted a topic about ethernet not starting reliably, hopefully someone has the answer. 

Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on September 19, 2016 at 15:36

Hi All,

STMicroelectronics acknowledge such issue and is working on the analysis for fixing it.

-Hannibal-