cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which part for stm32(cortex m3) value line discovery

tehit1
Associate
Posted on July 06, 2011 at 16:29

would you suggest to order(for free)  to able to be programmed via usb &with which IDE-IAR,Keil..?

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on July 06, 2011 at 18:14

which part for stm32(cortex m3) value line discovery

would you suggest to order(for free)  to able to be programmed via usb &with which IDE-IAR,Keil..?

Not sure I fully comprehend the question, the STM32F100 Value Line parts don't support USB.

Are you asking what development software to use for the board?

The VL Discovery board is supported by free evaluation versions of Keil, IAR and Atollic. They can program the part using the ST-LINK driver and functionality built onto the board. Which you use is pretty much personal choice, I'd recommend you try Keil, but you should try all of them for yourself. For lower cost, I've had good experiences with Rowley.

It's also possible to use GNU/GCC (WinARM) to develop code for the STM32, but the configuration/debugging is probably to steep for the beginner, but they are ''free'' if you don't value your time/sanity.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tehit1
Associate
Posted on July 07, 2011 at 11:44

thanks

are you saing you cannot program/debug via PC connected to on board st-link usb connector(you need to get separate st-link in circuit programmer/debuger device)?

If so how about stm32f103(but I suppose it is not available as free sample?)

Which eval allows loading biggest program IAR,Keil?

Posted on July 07, 2011 at 15:04

are you saing you cannot program/debug via PC connected to on board st-link usb connector(you need to get separate st-link in circuit programmer/debuger device)?

No, what I said was that STM32F100 devices don't support USB. The ST-LINK portion of the VL-Discovery board works because it uses an STM32F103 part to program the STM32F100 which contains your application.

Which eval allows loading biggest program IAR,Keil?

I believe they both support 32KB, you'd need to buy them if you want to develop a commercial application, or need more space.

The ST-LINK Utilities are not limited, you can use the entire space within the part, and use ''free'' GNU/GCC compilers.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..