cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atollic libraries

petr2399
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2011 at 13:46

Hi, (edit - first time question not displayed)

Is anybody here who use Atollic TrueStudio/STM32 Lite with libraries (.a) ?

I have problem, when I try add library to project (

project Properties -> C/C++ General -> 

Paths and Symbols -> Libraries), compiler stop error:

c:/program files/atollic/truestudio stm32 lite 2.1.0/armtools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-atollic-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-atollic-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lC:\Users\Home\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO\STM32_workspace\stm\Libraries\simplemac-library.a

I try different locations with library (Program Files, Project folder,

Src folder, USB pen..) and different names of library. I try OS

Windows7 and XP. T

his error always occurs.

If I try add library folder in Library paths, compiller don't find library. Atollic support write me only, this isn't limitation of Lite version.

I want to use stm32w software stack library.

Is there

somebody

who

can add

a library,

or

somebody

had

this

problem?

Thanks.

#atollic-library #what's-the-question?
18 REPLIES 18
Posted on July 28, 2011 at 14:02

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
petr2399
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2011 at 14:41

Question added

Posted on July 28, 2011 at 15:14

Well Atollic is a frustrating environment to work with.

You could try editing the path to use UNIX style directory slashes ie '/' and not '\'

petr2399
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2011 at 15:41

Thanks, but this isn't solution, problem occurs.

What

we recommend

compiler

?

I used the

Ride

but does not

support

STM32W

Preferably one

that supports

stm32w

w

ireless

mcu, and ST-LINK/V2 probe.

Thanks for the suggestions, or any solution of the first question.

Posted on July 28, 2011 at 17:03

As it's complaining about the '-IC:\...' part, and not finding it, that's pretty indicative that the -I part is extraneous. You should just have the library/object specified directly on the command line as something to fetch.

Isn't -I supposed to provide a search path, or paths, to the directory, not the explicit file? For libraries it should surely be -L, and I think there is often a space separating the option from the directory.

You should just be able to drop the library into the source tree, that's at least how normal IDE's work.

I come from the RealView/ARM side of the tracks, so I'd suggest you try the Keil Eval, IAR comes in a close second, it just has some quirks I don't like.

ST-LINK V2 should just be a matter of getting the right drivers and DLLs into the right directories. Then again I have a draw full of J-Link and U-Link pods, of different versions, that all have their own strengths and quirks. Don't constrain yourself to just an ST-LINK.

On the GNU front I prefer Rowley, and for command line and make style compiling there is WinARM or Yagarto or Code Sourcery.

sebastianr
Associate II
Posted on January 11, 2012 at 15:00

Hi,

I know it's quite a time since the last post has been written, but I have the same problem and it seems that I'm not the only one here. Im afraid, the last hint isnt the solution as -lC:\... is correct, because its a small 'l' (for link) and not an 'I'.

I also tried to add the libraries and paths manually via the miscellaneous options with various different formatting ... but without success.

Does somebody have a solution for that problem?

thanks in advance.

sebastian
Posted on January 11, 2012 at 17:32

You should be able to explicitly name objects and libraries on the linker's command line, it shouldn't need an option as it's a type of file the linker naturally expects as an input. It's rejecting the file you are specifying because the prefix is not recognized as a file by the operating system.

ie lib/libstm32.a

ld  -L lib main.o stm32f10x_it.o lib/libstm32.a

sebastianr
Associate II
Posted on January 12, 2012 at 09:05

I'm working under Windows!

Shouldnt it be possible to configure everything by the IDE? I specified the path in the same way as for the includes. For the library itself (MC_Library_single_drive.a), I tried different variants, e.g. naming only the filename or path+filename. None of that worked.

Of course all of that is very specific to atollic IDE. Im using the TrueStudio Lite - hope it's not a ''feature'' of the Lite Version.

Posted on January 12, 2012 at 13:33

Im using the TrueStudio Lite - hope it's not a ''feature'' of the Lite Version.

I found it frustrating to perform an evaluation, tools that make my life more difficult will stay on the shelf.