cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Resource Selector Webpage

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II
Posted on September 20, 2016 at 11:55

Many of the documents listed in the Resource selector st.com->Products->Microcontroller->Technical Literature->Resources-> e.g. Reference Manuals do not have an entry in ''Latest Update''. This makes it impossible for users to see what has been updated recently. Please Provide ''Latest Update'' for all documents!

12 REPLIES 12
Posted on March 03, 2018 at 10:01

Not only missing, but also incorrect!

https://community.st.com/0D70X000006Su3lSAC

For developers, it's important to use the up-to-date documentation, as it (presumably) contains all the corrections and updates accumulated from internal and external experiences and review. Currently, ST has no mechanism to notify the users of the changes, so they are forced to browse through the product pages repeatedly and check for the changes through comparing revision numbers of documents against those of their locally stored version. The sorting on date of the resources table - would they be updated properly - would help to check the newest ones.

A 'all resources' table would be helpful, too; so that one is not forced to go to four of them (for DS/RM/ES/AN).

I'd highly welcome also a notification service, either active (through mailing) or passive (RSS/Atom feeds, properly updated of course); preferably both.

Thanks,

Jan Waclawek

Posted on March 03, 2018 at 11:09

Completely agree. Document shall have the date of last update clearly visible on the web page .

Posted on March 03, 2018 at 10:56

Things get warse as the document dates are the date of the first _internal_ publish date!

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on March 05, 2018 at 11:34

Hello all,

This is highlighted internally and will be fixed ASAP.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry for any inconvenience you have faced.

Khouloud.

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 20:32

Hello all,

The issue is now solved: t

he ''Latest Update'' 

column

in the ''

Resource Selector'' is 

updated

correctly now.

0690X0000060AiSQAU.png

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Khouloud.

Posted on April 24, 2018 at 20:41

Thanks for this improvements.

I believe putting the date of the last update could help also in other places like this:

http://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers/stm32f407ig.html ♯ design-scroll

Posted on April 25, 2018 at 10:43

Hello

Golab.Piotr

‌,

Your point is highlighted internally. I will keep you posted on any update regarding this.

Thanks for the proposal !

Khouloud.

Posted on April 25, 2018 at 11:15

Why are the datasheets not listed in the resource selector? Having them there with their release date will help us to work with the latest datasheets. At the moment, every device has to be queried manual.

Posted on April 25, 2018 at 11:47

Hi

Bonnes.Uwe

‌,

Also the datasheets are listed on the ''Resource Selector''. As an example, below are the datasheets of the STM32F7 devices:

0690X0000060AmTQAU.png

If I have misunderstood your point, please give more details.

Khouloud.