Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFUSE customized development

royston
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2011 at 10:53

Hi,

We need to upgrade the firmware of a STM32 MCU (used in a commercial product) using a proprietary PC application. the STM32 supports the DFU mode and has a PC application called DFUSE which provides the user interface.

We want to integrate commands which DFUSE is using and have a proprietary interface to upgrade the firmware of the ST32. Is there any source code available for the DFUSE utilty or any dll library which can be used for developing the application.

If a library is provide can you share a link to the documentation providing details of API's used.

Does anyone have prior experience in doing this?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Royston

13 REPLIES 13
royston
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2011 at 15:09

Hi Ryan,

Im currently working on the inemo platform and it has the STM32f103ret7 MCU I have taken a look at the application note for the DFUSE library.

By my understanding of it I figured out that

1.First you have to go through the GUIDs on your PC

2.Get the GUID of DFU devices connected

3.Find your device from the DFU GUID depending on certain enumerated parameters

4.Use the libraries given by ST to program over DFU to ur device

Am I correct in deriving the above conclusions?

I had a few more questions regarding DFUse

If i need to have a proprietary license for my device which I place in the inf file.What changes I need to make in my firmware?

Since the DFU is a bootloader, im guessing,so it will have to be provided by ST

Is the source code for the DFU bootloader available?

Can the DFU bootloader be re-programmed or is it fixed?

Is any form of USB bootloader code for ST available for the series of MCU Iam using

Thanks and regards,

Royston

gordon2
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2011 at 11:33

Rather frustratingly, only a month later, ''DfuSe USB Device Firmware Upgrade....'' has already moved.

I found what I presume is, it in 'software resources' on the `see all' tab, which includes stuff not shown under other headings. :\

Gordon.

Linda
Associate II
Posted on January 26, 2015 at 05:02

Very helpful.

Thanks

Linda
Associate II
Posted on January 27, 2015 at 09:24

I am wonderring whether the STM32_USB-FS-Device_Lib_V4.0.0 can apply to a SMT32F429? I am working on a project with F429. If yes, it would be amazing for me.

Thanks advance

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on January 28, 2015 at 09:03

Hi Linda,

USB library for F4 products is 

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257882

If you want to use Cube, look to:

-  

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00108129.pdf

-

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00105256.pdf

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Linda
Associate II
Posted on February 04, 2015 at 23:17

Dear Mayla,

Thanks for your instruction.

I downloaded this library, but I can not make it work.

I expect a menu to be shown in the LCD of STM32F429, but nothing show up in the LCD. Do Do I have to connect a micro card in the USB USER(connetor 6) first to make it work? Can I use the STM32F429 to read a file in my PC when it connect to my PC?

Thanks

Posted on February 05, 2015 at 00:35

For the STM32F429I-DISCO and a USB Flash drive, consider the Standard Peripheral Library example:

STM32F429I-Discovery_FW_V1.0.1\Projects\FW_upgrade

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Linda
Associate II
Posted on February 07, 2015 at 09:55

Thank Clive1, it help a lot.

Linda
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2015 at 13:37

STM32F429I-Discovery_FW_V1.0.1\Projects\FW_upgrade is working fine with the 2 samples:

STM32F429I-Discovery_SysTick_0x08020000

STM32F429I-Discovery_LTDC_ColorKeying_0x08020000

But when I tried on my projuct, it didn't work. The size of mine is 993k. It should not be a problem. The board can read the bin file,  the LED3(green light) is on, that means it download the right file.

I double checked that I set the VECT_TAB_OFFSET at 0x020000, and set the target address is: 0x8020000 size 0x1E0000 when I create the hex fine of my project.

it still didn't work.

Even I tried on the demoe (STM32F429I-Discovery_FW_V1.0.1\Projects\Demonstration), it didn't work eigher.

I have tried some small projects using the same way, it seem work.

Please help

Thanks