IAR workbench + ST-Link/V2 Reset problem

jai2
Associate
Posted on August 08, 2011 at 12:25

Hi All,

Chip: STM32F100C4

Custom board

Need some help.

I download the program via from IAR embedded workbench flash loader using ST-Link/V2. Every thing is ok. But i have to manually reset the pin no.7 to get it working

Setting the Reset PIN in the options box seems to have no effect.

It should automatically reset after download right.

Can some one help.

Thanks and Regards,

Jai.

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 08, 2011 at 15:00

For starters, get the most current drivers, they have been posted again on the forum within the last few days.

[DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/ST-LINK Connection error with STM3220G-EVAL evaluation board and IAR EWARM&FolderCTID=0x01200200770978C69A1141439FE559EB459D7580009C4E14902C3CDE46A77F0FFD06506F5B&TopicsView=https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/AllItems.aspx&currentviews=51]Here

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/TOOL/DEVICE_PROGRAMMER/um0892.zip

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jai2
Associate
Posted on August 08, 2011 at 16:03

Programming works when using ST Visual programming IDE.

No problems.

With Keil  + ST-Link  /V2 it does not even program/ download in  to flash.

works ok in debugging mode.

With the IAR + ST-Link/ \/2 debugging is ok. flash downloading is also ok. but does not do a proper reset.

Regards,

Jai.

Posted on August 08, 2011 at 17:15

Consider other JTAG pods, U-Link, J-Link, as the integration is a lot more polished.

Consider the wiring of the ST-LINK, and reset/power-on-reset connections. The resets should be open-drain, another common failing is people connecting the resets to other circuits/drivers using push-pull. Also check the communication mode SWD vs JTAG.

Is the experience different with a standard dev board, vs your custom board?
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..