cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTCK,DBGREQ,DBGACK needs mandatory pulldown to ground?

gopi
Associate
Posted on July 30, 2011 at 12:46

Hi,

I am using a STM32F100CB part on my target. I have not pulled RTCK, DBGRQ and DBGACK down with a 10K as recommended by the App note AN2586. Presently I am not able to get Ulink2 to communicate with my target. I get ''Cannot enter Debug Mode'' window when I start the debug action on my microvision debugger application. I followed the exact steps spelled out in the ulink2 online userguide to setup the ''Debug'' tab of the ''Options for target'' menu.

Could someone please advice me on this?

Thanks

#rtck
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on July 30, 2011 at 16:28

It could be because it can't reset the part, or you have JTAG/SWD wrongly selected.

What's to stop you tacking 10K resistors to the part/connector, is this a BGA part?

You could also have wired the board or the supplies wrong, we have no circuit information to work with.

Does the part start? What signals have you probed and confirmed? Can you control the BOOTx pins, and try to access the part with the System Loader, and associated flashing application.You should be able to communicate with the part via a serial terminal attached to USART1, and confirm it is alive.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
gopi
Associate
Posted on August 04, 2011 at 02:52

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. You are right. We had a problem with resetting the target using the JTAG. Besides this, we had issues with the system clock as well. Once we resolved the clock issue(our internal target Hardware issue), for the resetting of the target through JTAG we are using SYSRESETREQ instead of HW RESET. This allows us to access the target through JTAG consistently. We still need to debug our target to findout incompatibilities with respect to using a hardware reset

Thanks

Gopi