cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK Connection error with STM3220G-EVAL evaluation board and IAR EWARM

rgrimes
Associate II
Posted on August 02, 2011 at 14:35

I am trying to get started with IAR EWARM 6.21 on the eval board.  It includes a variety of sample projects, and they of course seem to compile and link properly.  I have set the debugger options to use ST-LINK, but when I attempt to download and debug, I get a ''Fatal error: ST-Link Connection error'' dialog.  I started with the default ST-LINK settings, and have tried a number of others, and all I get is the same error.

One would think I am missing something trivial, yet essential...

Any ideas?  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on August 05, 2011 at 15:23

Hi,

Please download the last ST-LINK utility software (V2.0) from this link:

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/TOOL/DEVICE_PROGRAMMER/um0892.zip

, execute it, configure your toolchain debugger to use STLink, place the JP18 (jumper) on the right position (stlk).

And it should works.

Cheers,

STOne-32.

op2
Associate II
Posted on September 25, 2011 at 08:29

Hi,

I have the same problem like Robert with the STM32VLDISCOVERY and IAR6.20. After Download and Debug I get the following:

Loaded macro file: C:\Programme\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0 Evaluation\arm\config\flashloader\ST\FlashSTM32F10xxx.mac

Fatal error: ST-Link Connection error   Session aborted!

Failed to load flash loader: C:\Programme\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0 Evaluation\arm\config\flashloader\ST\FlashSTM32F10xxxRAM6K.out

Failed to load flash loader: C:\Programme\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0 Evaluation\arm\config\flashloader\ST\FlashSTM32F100xB.flash

This only happens on my notebook computer, on my desktop everything is fine.

I've already tried the ''um0892.zip'' trick, doesn't help.

Any suggestions?