Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF01 - unique IDs for SSI <!--#input--> tags

jamie23
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 22:45

Hi,

Is there any way of assigning a unique ID to a &sharpinput tag in html, so that when I get the WIND:56: message prompting for data input, I dont have to worry about figuring out which page has been served? At the moment I just get the index as expected, 1, 2, 3 etc, so my only idea is to write a state machine and use output.cgi to output the name of the page being navigated to, to set the state, so then I know *which* data index 1, 2, 3 are actually requesting. :( This seems really laborious, and would mean that browser back and forward buttons wouldn't work unless there is a way of calling output.cgi on a page load...

I have the shtml structure working, but it seems like knowing which page+index is being requested would be a very common requirement so wanted to ask before re-inventing the wheel.

Can anyone point me at the CGI&SSI Application Note that I have seen mentioned in other threads? I dont seem to be able to find it anywhere and I'm hoping it might offer some more information. The &sharpinput seems non-standard, but I'm guessing it's the only SSI tag supported?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie.

#spwf01-wifi-ssi-tag-cgi
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on March 31, 2016 at 08:23

Hi Jamie,

since FW3.4, input SSI allow some TAG to be used inside it.

Example (all of these are valid TAGs):

- #input (basic...)

- #input:placeholder

- #input:placeholder:1

- #input:placeholder:1_1

- #input:identifier:placeholder:other

The idea was to allow external MCU to recognize both the remote client (identifier) and the place inside the webpage (placeholder) and other (if needed).

j

jamie23
Associate II
Posted on March 31, 2016 at 10:02

Great! Is this documented anywhere? I'm wondering if there is any other useful info I am missing! 🙂

Posted on April 01, 2016 at 09:52

Hi Jamie,

in attach an old version of a document on CGI and SSI features. It's updated fo FW3.4 (not yet the last one)

j

Attachments :

SPWF01Sx_-_SSIs_-_3.4.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I1QW&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bmr%2FyaM6me5yUrk2GymYB19b1BNjEZP6CN3qgM_1DlPXhvc&asPdf=false