Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using ADC

milind_4902
Associate
Posted on August 10, 2011 at 22:29

hey everyone,

it is first time for me programming any kind of processor and trust me i am trying very hard to figure out..

i am using STM32VL discovery board in my project work.

i have 3 sensors which will give me ADC output. i need to store and compare the reading. and accordingly my program will be working.

can anyone please help..

thank you so much.. 

Milind

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on August 11, 2011 at 08:08

''it is first time for me programming any kind of processor''

Do you mean that you have no prior programming experience at all - not even on PCs, etc?

In that case, your first step must be to learn the 'C' programming language;

see: 

http://blog.antronics.co.uk/2011/08/08/

I would suggest that you learn the 'C' language  first on a PC (or similar) and then, once you're familiar with the language, move on to applying it to microcontrollers.

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on August 16, 2011 at 22:18

Now that you have had 4 days to digest Neil's advice, here are two more recommendations:

Go to the link at the top of this forum and click on STM32 MCU Overview, then Resources, then Application Notes. There is much good information there, but for the ADC, read AN2834 on ADC Accuracy. In particular, read section on Analog Source Resistance and compare the recommendations there with your sensor signal output impedance.

For 3 ADC channels, you will need to use DMA. There are examples provided with the Standard Peripheral Library on how to do that.

Cheers, Hal