cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32w_flasher and STM32W-RFCKIT

denidoman
Associate
Posted on November 21, 2011 at 23:34

Hi all. I'am working with STM32W-RFCKIT. My OS is Windows 7 x64.

When i trying to flash prebuild example to my MB950 or MB951 - i have a problems. I have these:

C:\Users\Denis\Desktop\MOUSE>stm32w_flasher.exe -p COM10 -r -f ''C:\Users\Denis\Desktop\MOUSE\mouse_tx.s37''

INFO: STM32W flasher utility version 2.1.0b1 (Wed Sep 07 10:44:30 2011)

WARNING: Unable to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\FTDIBUS

WARNING: Unable to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0483&Pid_5741&MI_00

WARNING: Unable to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0483&Pid_5741&MI_00

WARNING: Unable to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid

_0483&Pid_5741&MI_00

ERROR: Internal error

ERROR: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>

ERROR: (2, 'No such file or directory')

AND

C:\Users\Denis\Desktop\MOUSE>stm32w_flasher.exe -p COM11 -r -f ''C:\Users\Denis\Desktop\MOUSE\mouse_rx.s37''

INFO: STM32W flasher utility version 2.1.0b1 (Wed Sep 07 10:44:30 2011)

WARNING: Unable to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\FTDIBUS

ERROR: Trouble opening port : 'COM11'

ERROR: Trouble while resetting board on port : 'COM11'

ERROR: Error while initiliazing interface

But in device manager, i have these devices:

0690X00000602jHQAQ.jpg

So, drivers is installed, but it's not work. One interesting detail - in error PID = 5741, but in dev manager PID = 5740.

I found this thread: [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/stm32w_flasher with STM32W-RFCKIT&currentviews=166]Flat.aspx , and i make all troubleshoot steps (except first - can't download it, 404).

What should i do? Yes, i can install Win7 32bits, but it's a take many time and will problem for me, so, we need to find other solve of this problem.

P.S. When i'm executing stm32w_flasher.exe -p COM10 , i also have these problems.

#stm32w-rfckit #stm32w_flasher
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 22, 2011 at 02:55

Rather than Device Manager, perhaps checking with RegEdit might be more constructive.

If the keys it is looking for do not exist you will clearly have problems, and you will need to contact your local ST representative, or FAE, as ST support has practically no presence on this forum.

If it has problems with the registry, check the rights your user has to access this portion of the registry tree, and whether the non-English install of Windows is causing naming issue.

You might also want to confirm your user has Admin Rights, or run the applications ''As Admin''

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
denidoman
Associate
Posted on November 25, 2011 at 22:37

I have found a problem.

I thought

, that stm32w_flasher.exe - is standalone utility and it's no need any other files. I put it to the folder with example.s37 file and

tried

to flash it. And have errors.

The right way

- copy to folder not only stm32w_flasher.exe. Also, you need a copy other files:

- CompositeForSTM32W.bin

- JlinkARM.DLL

- w9xpopen.exe

And when i place this file to the folder with .s37 file and tried to flash my board - i done it!

I suggest

stm32w_flasher developers tell the user, that there is no

necessary

files in folder.

This would

solve my

breach

immediately