Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Link connection error

op2
Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2011 at 20:20

Hi,

I have a problem with the STM32VLDISCOVERY and IAR6.20. After Download and Debug I get the following:

Loaded macro file: C:\Programme\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0 Evaluation\arm\config\flashloader\ST\FlashSTM32F10xxx.mac

Fatal error: ST-Link Connection error   Session aborted!

Failed to load flash loader: C:\Programme\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0 Evaluation\arm\config\flashloader\ST\FlashSTM32F10xxxRAM6K.out

Failed to load flash loader: C:\Programme\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0 Evaluation\arm\config\flashloader\ST\FlashSTM32F100xB.flash

This only happens on my notebook computer, on my desktop everything is fine.

I've already tried the ''um0892.zip'' trick, doesn't help.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on September 28, 2011 at 17:49

Any suggestions?

You're using SWD mode, right?
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
op2
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2011 at 12:49

Yap!

thudapam
Associate
Posted on October 03, 2011 at 18:52

What is the fix, I am also seeing this problem. But not using SWD. Want to connect to the discovery kit.

Posted on October 03, 2011 at 19:40

What is the fix, I am also seeing this problem. But not using SWD. Want to connect to the discovery kit.

Unless I'm hopelessly confused, SWD is the only communication mode permitted by the ST-LINK on the VL-Discovery board.

General advice :

Make sure you have the most recent ST-LINK firmware.

Make sure you have the most recent ST-LINK drivers, and that the tools can find and use this newer version over others it may have pathed/installed.

Check the behaviour with ST-LINK the utilities.

Call your IAR support representative.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
op2
Associate II
Posted on October 04, 2011 at 07:13

Hi,

looks lik it's a specific problem with my Lenove R500 ThinkPad Notebook. (...which so far works extremly well with any other software etc..) Using my old HP notebook everything works as expected. Furthermore, using the Lenovo together with an SEGGER JLINK EDU also woks fine, (JTAG as well as SWD). Of course I had to ''upgrade'' (in other words bypass the USB uC and piggy back a 20 Pin JTAG connector)  the DISCOVERY a bit to do this test.

Conclusion: For whatever reason the ST-Link and/or IAR stuff doesn't like my Lenovo or more likely some aspect it's XP installation - once again, greetings from Bill Gates.

Hmmm....