Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing stm32-h107

anandamrutv2
Associate II
Posted on September 17, 2011 at 14:10

Hello

I am a little confused about how to flash the code on to the target olimex stm32-h107 board. The board has the USB interface , so if it is possible to flash directly through usb , then please tell me how to do it,or what tool/software should i use to do it. I also want to know what available compilers and IDE for coding stm32-controllers. And is this

http://www.nskelectronics.in/arm_7_development_board_.html

arm wiggler jtag suitable to flash and  debug stm43-h107 board.

Thank you

#stm32-flash #flash-programming #usb-flashing #flashing-stm32
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on September 17, 2011 at 16:53

I don't think I'd be bothering with a parallel port JTAG today. If you need something relatively cheap the ST-LINK (1 or 2) USB JTAG would be one path, and comes with external software to flash the device directly from a .BIN file, and uses drivers to support Keil or IAR.

The Keil eval/demo software is fairly integrated, as is IAR. On the cheaper side there is Rowley. Things like WinARM and Yagarto are free, but the debugging/programming is less integrated.

The most appropriate one will depend on your budget, experience, and application.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
anandamrutv2
Associate II
Posted on September 18, 2011 at 19:12

Thanks for replying.

Does the stm32f107 uc come up with preloaded  bootloader(USART-0 i guess but not sure)?.

And  does there exist usb bootloader so that i can flash usb_otg bootloader through jtag for the first time and then ,regularly use the usb_otg to flash the target?

waiting for your rely:)
drzile86
Associate II
Posted on September 23, 2011 at 16:48

Hi,

All uCs from STM32F1xx series (and newer series) have 

preloaded  bootloader.

STM32F107 and 105 use  USART1, USART2 (remapped), CAN2 (remapped) or USB OTG FS in device mode as serial interface for programming with bootloader. Other uC from STM32F1xx series use only USART1.

Regards,

Dragan