Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave DFU mode error

niraj
Associate
Posted on September 22, 2011 at 10:57

Hi all,

I am using DfuSe demo (v3.0.0) to communicate with the board STM3220G-eval. I am willing to test, understand and confirm the leave DFU sequence.

So I press the button ''Leave DFU Mode'' on the DfuSe and i can see the process happening in the progress bar upto 49% completion, but then i received an ''unexpected error'' and cant leave the DFU mode.

There are no issues with communication otherwise. I am able to load the binary into the flash and verify it successfully.

The problem seems to occurring consistently at 49% completion. I also tested on different computers but on all computers i receive the same ''unexpected error'' at 49%.

Have anybody seen this kind of behavior earlier? My goal is simply to leave the DFU mode using DfuSe utility. Can somebody please guide me to achieve my goal?

Thanks

#dfuse #leave-dfu-mode-error
2 REPLIES 2
dputzolu
Associate
Posted on November 18, 2011 at 19:51

I have run into the same problem - did you (or anyone) find a solution?

stforum.tormod9
Associate II
Posted on November 19, 2011 at 11:29

I guess the 49% is simply because it tries to do 2 things, with one progress update in between, and the first thing fails. Two main things to be done in this case are to send a zero-size download request and to poll the DFU status. Probably the ST DfuSe Demo needs to be updated to support this on STM32F2xx devices.