cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with schematic capture portion of CR95HF design...

michaelfortner9
Associate II
Posted on July 10, 2013 at 20:28

Hello,

I am working with a local customer on a new CR95HF design and was hoping your team could provide feedback on some of the questions they submitted today related to schematic capture:

1. The RF output of CR95HF (TX1, TX2) is first connected to an EMC filter (L1, L3, C1, C4), do you have recommended component values for this EMC filter? (Note that their product will be first launched in US.)

2. Within the CR95HF demo board schematic (please see attached), it is not clear to them how the two resistors (circled in picture) are mounted. Could you provide some guidance here?

3. We noticed that CR95HF supports two VPS_TX range: 2.7V � 3.3V, 4.5V � 5.5V. What, if any are the performance tradeoffs between these two operating conditions? For example, if they drive a higher VPS_TX, will the NFC range be larger compared to a lower VPS_TX?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#schematic-capture-cr95hf
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on July 13, 2013 at 02:58

NX2520SA, a 27.12-MHz EXS00A-CS01206 crystal oscillator for CR95HF transceiver

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/jp/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00068980.pdf

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michaelfortner9
Associate II
Posted on July 11, 2013 at 01:15

The customer came to me this afternoon with one addition question.  Essentially, on the demo board (CR95HF) schematic, it seems that the 27.12MHz crystal used is from NDK (NX2520SA). Could you help identify the detailed manufacturer part number used (As you know, the last digit of part number could affect some parameters such as ESR and load capacitance)?

I looked on the eval board BOM and the part number on that document is identical to the schematic.

Thanks again for the help.

Hello,

I am working with a local customer on a new CR95HF design and was hoping your team could provide feedback on some of the questions they submitted today related to schematic capture:

1. The RF output of CR95HF (TX1, TX2) is first connected to an EMC filter (L1, L3, C1, C4), do you have recommended component values for this EMC filter? (Note that their product will be first launched in US.)

2. Within the CR95HF demo board schematic (please see attached), it is not clear to them how the two resistors (circled in picture) are mounted. Could you provide some guidance here?

3. We noticed that CR95HF supports two VPS_TX range: 2.7V – 3.3V, 4.5V – 5.5V. What, if any are the performance tradeoffs between these two operating conditions? For example, if they drive a higher VPS_TX, will the NFC range be larger compared to a lower VPS_TX?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted on July 13, 2013 at 02:58

NX2520SA, a 27.12-MHz EXS00A-CS01206 crystal oscillator for CR95HF transceiver

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/jp/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00068980.pdf

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Anais GALLIGANI
Senior II
Posted on July 15, 2013 at 15:51

Dear customer,

Might you send us your email address please?

Thanks a lot,

Have a nice day,

All the best,

NFC/RFID dynamic tag support