cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing iNEMO from an embedded linux device

csuson
Associate II
Posted on September 25, 2011 at 18:13

has anybody tried accessing the iNEMO board from an embedded linux device using the usb interface? I am able to power the iNEMO from my device and also able to load a usb-serial driver. What I don't know is the correct serial interface parameters to use to open the port. I hope that somebody in this forum has already gone through this exercise.

thx!

#inemo
6 REPLIES 6
Fabio
Associate II
Posted on September 28, 2011 at 14:09

You can find useful information in the ''UM1017: STEVAL- MKI062V2 communication protocol'' available at ww.st.com/inemo.

Regards

Fabio

csuson
Associate II
Posted on September 28, 2011 at 22:35

Hi Fabio,

I've read that document which is very helpful but I could not find any mention of serial parameters i need to use to open the port like (baud rate, data bits, stop bit, parity and flow control) settings.

regards.

Fabio
Associate II
Posted on September 30, 2011 at 15:46

There are no favorite settings for the virtual com over the usb (if you want you can set the bps 115200 and 8N1 with no control flow: hothese values are not used)

Best Regards

iNEMO Team

hg
Associate
Posted on October 05, 2011 at 01:57

The following code works for me:

========

int     fd;

struct  termios inemo;

if((fd = open(port, O_NOCTTY|O_RDWR)) < 0){

perror(''open'');

_exit(errno);

}

tcgetattr(fd, &inemo);

inemo.c_iflag &= ~(IGNBRK | BRKINT | PARMRK | ISTRIP | INLCR | IGNCR | ICRNL | IXON);

inemo.c_oflag &= ~OPOST;

inemo.c_lflag &= ~(ECHO | ECHONL | ICANON | ISIG | IEXTEN);

inemo.c_cflag &= ~(CSIZE | PARENB);

inemo.c_cflag |= CS8;

tcsetattr(fd, TCSANOW, &inemo);

=======
csuson
Associate II
Posted on October 05, 2011 at 06:15

I was able to access the inemo board now. It turned out that I need to modify my usb2serial driver. Thx for the help anyways.

gianluca23
Associate
Posted on September 27, 2012 at 23:14

Hi there,

I have the same problem. I'm not able to talk with the device. Coul'd you please more detailed on ''modify my usbtoserial'' driver ?

Thanks in advance.