Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual COM port installation

fourjustoneday
Associate II
Posted on February 13, 2012 at 07:19

from CD00158241.pdf  

''To install the software driver of the Virtual COM port, download and execute the �Virtual

Com Port Driver Setup� from the STMicroelectronics website: www.st.com.

At the end of the installation, a new COM port appears in the Device Manager window as

shown in Figure 16.''

tried on windows XP on my workstation and on windows 7 on netbook - no new comport appeared.

#vcp
2 REPLIES 2
ColdWeather
Senior
Posted on February 14, 2012 at 09:17

The new COM appears as soon as the device is plugged in, not just after the driver installation.

tried on windows XP on my workstation and on windows 7 on netbook - no new comport appeared.

vikas_sinha75
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2012 at 05:44

After installing the VCP driver. Once you attach the board(STM32 with VCP firmware) to USB. It will show you a new hardware found on the right bottom corner of ur screen and it will show STM32 virtual com port. If driver does not start working in first go then it will ask ''a new hardware found'', give proper path where VCOM driver has been stored and go on clicking ''NEXT'' untill it does not get installed properly. After proper installation of driver you will be able to see the device as ''STM32 Virtual COM port'' in device manage (take care of attaching you board to PC through USB first)

I hope this will work for U.