cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32 usb windows8 x64 driver

fourjustoneday
Associate II
Posted on March 01, 2013 at 12:08

I'm using drivers from VCP_V1.3.1_Setup.exe. It works fine on win7 x32, but on w8 x64 installator says something like ''it was supposed to run me under x32'', so my device does not work there.

Where I can download such drivers?

#stm32-usb-x64
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on March 01, 2013 at 16:01

Wouldn't you use VCP_V1.3.1_Setup_x64.exe ??

If the driver isn't signed, I don't recall if it is, you'd have to turn that feature off in Win 8.

In under a week I've had a Windows 8 system totally destroy itself in normal operation, something I haven't seen in well over a decade for other releases. So I'm completely impressed with it so far.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
fourjustoneday
Associate II
Posted on March 05, 2013 at 12:43

thanks for help, I did not realise to search the same driver name +x64 on the end.

it works on w8, but I dont have time to do proper tests now. We are going to use a tablet computer there, now we are considering acer iconia tab with w7, but, anyway, sooner or later, we will have to switch to w8.

Posted on March 05, 2013 at 12:53

I could swear it is in the same package as the other driver, and evident when the download is unpacked.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..