Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STVD problem! It gets really slow when compiling

konay61
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2012 at 14:25

Hi,

Im using STVD v 4.2.1 patch 2 on my STM8 project, the problem is when I want to compile, it gets stucked annoyingly for around 10 seconds then it starts to save first and compile the codings normally. I couldnt manage to get rid of this 10 seconds stucking period so far. 

This happens actually when STVD is trying to save the changes. If someone has any idea how to fix it or someone has had the same issue before..? 

Please, any help will be appreciated!

Kadir.

#stvd-slow-while-compiling
2 REPLIES 2
marcosovilla9
Associate II
Posted on May 15, 2012 at 16:40

Hi,

I use STVD version 4.2.0 because new version cause me many problems. I have got the same problem as you, from a certain point the save command take so long time than windows think program is freezed but it is not. I'm using win7 64bit pro. The real problem is that I can't use the last version because it gave me SWIM error and I must run this...what a pitty, some great micro with such a low quality support on STVD

konay61
Associate II
Posted on May 16, 2012 at 08:57

Hi Mac, 

I upgraded STVD to the latest version and excatly the same thing happened again. Finally, I got a solution by creating a new workspace with the same .c files then apparently It worked fine. So it seems that some setting of STVD had been changed due to some reason.. Hope it works for you too.

Kadir.