cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLDC motor control

ncarthic
Associate
Posted on October 03, 2011 at 01:19

hi, I am going to use Allegro 4931 3-phase motor pre-driver for my Brushless DC motor control project. Now I need a microcontroller to control the Allegro4931. Can anyone recommend me the best chip I can use for it?

3 REPLIES 3
muratterzi2
Associate II
Posted on October 07, 2011 at 20:18

By remembering dexters exciting stories:) you can use stm8105rbt6 or similar series by combining it free stm8s bldc library. But this library is a little complicated and measures line currents and estimates rotor position with back emf algorithm. simply using with hall sensors needles to use back emf voltages. this bldc library can be used by interacting with  closed loop speed control, ramp up speed , emergency breaking. it is very important what ise the purpose of your end project.

bille.stello
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2011 at 11:54

Hi Dexter,

have you taken a look to ST devices L6229, L6234, L6235? they also includes Mosfet (up to 5.6A)....

Once you have Hall sensors managed by the driver, you don't need to use microcontrollers specifically suitable for motor control... Basically any microcontroller may do the job, than it depends on what additional tasks the application require to be executed.

Regards,

Billino  

ncarthic
Associate
Posted on October 17, 2011 at 21:42

Hi , Thanks for ur reply. I actually need to maintain the flow rate of the pump. So, my microcontroller needs to maintain the flow rate at certain level by increasing or decreasing the voltage given to the BLDC motor. I am using a Hall sensor to detect the flow rate. But because the A4931 motor driver doing everything, I just need to program a microcontroller to get the output from the Driver and the Flow sensor and so controlling motor by varying the PWM sent to the Driver. I dont know how to calculate the PWM and what to do ...

please give me some ideas....