Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM8L discovery kit ( using raisonance ) error

lau
Associate
Posted on October 09, 2011 at 07:29

Hi all ,

I have try to compile default code ( discovery demo ) and everything runs fine. After which i try to create my own application following the guide : UM0991 <Building, debugging and running your application with STVD>  page 47 onward. After the all the setting and work , i try to compile but was given the following error (i did not induce any code the main.c yet)...

Any one knows what wrong ?

Compiling ..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8l15x_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8l15x_gpio.c...

rcstm8 ..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8l15x_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8l15x_gpio.c OBJECT(Debug\stm8l15x_gpio.o) PIN(''C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\inc\STM8'') PIN(''C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\inc\ST7'') PIN(''C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\inc'')  DGC(page0) AUTO WRV(0) PR(Debug\stm8l15x_gpio.lst) CD CO SB  OT(0) DEBUG STM8(SMALL) PIN(..\..\inc) PIN(..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8l15x_stdperiph_driver\inc)

RCSTM8 COMPILER V2.38.11.251 - Lite (32 Kb code limited)

Copyright (c) Raisonance S.A.S. 1987-2011. All rights reserved.

*** ERROR P028 IN LINE 54 OF ..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8l15x_stdperiph_driver\inc/stm8l15x.h :  ''Please select first the target STM8L device used in your application (in stm8l15x.h file)''

RCSTM8 COMPILATION COMPLETE. 0 WARNING, 1 ERROR

The command: ''rcstm8 ..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8l15x_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8l15x_gpio.c OBJECT(Debug\stm8l15x_gpio.o) PIN(''C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\inc\STM8'') PIN(''C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\inc\ST7'') PIN(''C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\inc'')  DGC(page0) AUTO WRV(0) PR(Debug\stm8l15x_gpio.lst) CD CO SB  OT(0) DEBUG STM8(SMALL) PIN(..\..\inc) PIN(..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8l15x_stdperiph_driver\inc) '' has failed, the returned value is: 2

exit code=2.

#um0991 #compilers
1 REPLY 1
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on October 09, 2011 at 20:18

''Please select first the target STM8L device''

So have you done that?

''(in stm8l15x.h file)''

It even tells you where to do it!