cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling the Demo Software

mnmis
Associate II
Posted on November 01, 2011 at 15:00

I have been trying to compile the Demo for the STM32F4 Discovery board and I have been getting errors for Missing header files.

Does anyone know where I can get the following header files?

armcm4.h

arm_math.h

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
leon355
Associate II
Posted on November 01, 2011 at 17:58

I didn't have any problems, using the Atollic tools.

Posted on November 01, 2011 at 21:06

Using what compiler? You need to be more specific.

For example Keil 4.22 has arm_math.h (V1.0.10 15 July 2011) and core_cm4.h in the \Keil\ARM\CMSIS\Include directory. ARMCM4.h (V1.05 26 July 2011) is in the \Keil\ARM\Device\ARM\ARMCM4\Include directory.

Older versions are no doubt on the internets if you care to look.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mnmis
Associate II
Posted on November 02, 2011 at 13:30

I am using the TrueStudio Lite compiler and it doesn't come with the armcm4.h header file.

I tried searching Google but found nothing. Does anyone have a link?

mnmis
Associate II
Posted on November 03, 2011 at 01:18

I figured out the compiling problems. Some reason the import didn't work from the Demo so I re-imported the project and it worked. I think the compiler was trying to compile the wrong project and that is why it failed.

Thanks for the help.

walter239955
Associate
Posted on December 21, 2011 at 01:20

I just ran into the same problem.  If you track down the include statement that references the file, you will notice it is in the default case of an if/else if tree based on what kind of processor core you are using.  I added the following define in the project ARM_MATH_CM3 and the problem goes away (for me).  But I am trying to get eclipse working with code sourcery.  I want to use all of the different development environments before I choose one.  So far code red seems the best deal ...