Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WizNet W5300 DHCP

megahercas6
Senior
Posted on January 17, 2017 at 09:16

Hello,

I am working on project where i need to interface STM32F429 to W5300. This is done with FMC SRAM interface. I tested that i have working hardware by reading chip ID, and id did returned 0x5300.

Question is how to get IP address ? I was unable to find any data or examples how to do that, and i am very new with all LAN stuff.

Just if some on need's it, i have project for STM32F429 with FMC connected to W5300
4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on January 17, 2017 at 17:19

Hello

karpavicius.Linas

You should look at the STM3240G-EVAL example which describes how to configure the FSMC controller to access the SRAM memory:STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.0\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Examples\FSMC\FSMC_SRAM

The datasheet related to your device and the reference manual RM0090, in 'Flexible static memory controller (FSMC)' section, will be your support for more details.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on January 17, 2017 at 17:32

As I stated, FMC is working fine, but W5300 does not. I was thanking that some one has this chip running TCP application on stm32 and can help with code

Posted on March 07, 2018 at 16:03

karpavicius.linas wrote:

FMC is working fine, but W5300 does not.

W5300

is not an ST Product - you need to contact Wiznet for support with their products!

But what is the point of using a W5300

with an STM32 anyhow? Surely an STM32 is perfectly capable of running a TCP/IP stack itself?!

And there are plenty of examples of doing that!

i am very new with all LAN stuff.

That is clearly something that you are going to need to study for this project!

Posted on March 07, 2018 at 16:23

Simple. Code is clean. chip handles all TCP IP stack. all you do is write to memory, and data is transmitted.

I can get 12MBps  TxRx, with STM32, can you get similar speed with TCP IP with no overhead ?