cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None of HALL STM32F469i-Disco examples work on IAR ARM (and no SPL examples)

megahercas6
Senior
Posted on November 12, 2017 at 10:03

Hello.

I want to teach simple programming for my friend, and guess what, none of DSI examples for STM32F469i-Disco worked from CubeMX folder.

\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Applications\Display\LCD_Paint

For the love of god, discovery kits suppose to give simple examples how to use device, and I spend 2 hours trying all DSI examples, none of them worked. This is not right.

Had to rewrite it in SPL, it start to work, but  touchscreen porting was to difficult, so i have to switch to STM32F429i to make it work.

Please ST, fix this problems, and please, use SPL for H7 and F7 series, we love SPL, and we don't need CubeMX bugs ruing our life

I only use CubeMX for footprints and AF functions, that it !

#bugs #hall-with-bugs #hall-does-now-work #hall-sukcs #cubemx #where-is-spl
6 REPLIES 6
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 14, 2017 at 11:37

Hi

karpavicius.Linas

‌,

I tested the same example using IAR 8.2 and I got the same issue that I reported internally for further check and in order to take appropriate actions to fix the issue.

As workaround, I was able to run the example properly after decreasing optimizations of the project.

Please try the same from your side and let me know if it brings some help.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on November 14, 2017 at 11:58

As workaround, I was able to run the example properly after decreasing optimizations of the project.

A typical symptom of unexperienced coders, and deadline pressure.

Please try the same from your side and let me know if it brings some help.

This should help to run the examples pre se.

But I would be careful using it as base for own projects - above mentioned behavior suggests design bugs ...

Posted on November 24, 2017 at 12:36

I tested each optimization level and found what is causing the problem.

It was Common Subexpresion Elimination. It seems like you have so many code to do simple thinks, so it eventually fails to work. I don't like this code overhead you have for HAL, same function in SPL is 4 lines, in HAL it is more than 50
Posted on November 24, 2017 at 12:47

Why doesn't this surprise me ...

I refuse to comment on Cube code at all, because I don't want to give free support to a Banana software* that just lures more unaware noobs into the realm.

* bananas are usually shipped green today, to ripen at the customer ...

176457CGIL4
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 24, 2017 at 18:09

Sometimes even lethal one's ...