Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4xx - cannot start the pheriperie I2C

mm
Associate II
Posted on June 06, 2012 at 11:30

Hello,

Always, when I set on the clock in I2C1 or I2C2, in the status register SR2 is the BUSY bit set.

Here the code:

int

main(

void

) { I2C1_DBG = (I2C_TypeDef *) I2C1_BASE;

// for debugging

RCC->APB1ENR |= RCC_APB1ENR_I2C1EN;

// Active the clock

while

(

); } This code is start directly without other startup-code.

Why is the BUSY bit set?

I test it with the STM32F4-Discovery Board. This pins are with 4K7 PullUp Resistor.

Then, when I activate the GIPO (Configuration, AF, Clock), then the SCL/SDA goes low.

I have checked my start code with CPAL code, but I have not find out what can be wrong.

Can every body write me how I must start the initialization vom I2C?

I have change all order from initializations but always the same, it do not work.

Please help me, I have now spend a lot of time for that and it do not work.

Regards, Markus.

Edit: Here the complete code from my initialization, who does not work:

I2C1->CR1 &= ~I2C_CR1_PE;

// Pheriperie Disable

I2C_DeInit(I2C1); RCC_APB1PeriphClockCmd(RCC_APB1Periph_I2C1, DISABLE); RCC_APB1PeriphClockCmd(RCC_APB1Periph_I2C1, ENABLE); GPIO_PinAFConfig(GPIOB, GPIO_Pin_6, GPIO_AF_I2C1); GPIO_PinAFConfig(GPIOB, GPIO_Pin_9, GPIO_AF_I2C1); GPIOB->BSRR = GPIO_Pin_6 | GPIO_Pin_9; GPIO_InitSt.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_6 | GPIO_Pin_9;

// SCL / SDA

GPIO_InitSt.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_AF; GPIO_InitSt.GPIO_OType = GPIO_OType_OD; GPIO_InitSt.GPIO_PuPd = GPIO_PuPd_NOPULL; GPIO_InitSt.GPIO_Speed = GPIO_Speed_50MHz; GPIO_Init(GPIOB, &GPIO_InitSt); I2C1->CR1 |= I2C_CR1_PE;

// Pheriperie Enable

I2C_InitSt.I2C_Mode = I2C_Mode_I2C; I2C_InitSt.I2C_DutyCycle = I2C_DutyCycle_2; I2C_InitSt.I2C_OwnAddress1 =

;

//0x10;

I2C_InitSt.I2C_Ack = I2C_Ack_Enable; I2C_InitSt.I2C_AcknowledgedAddress = I2C_AcknowledgedAddress_7bit; I2C_Init(I2C1, &I2C_InitSt);

// disable & enable

#stm32f4-i2c
3 REPLIES 3
alok472
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2012 at 06:58

Did you enable the RCC of GPIO ?

Why not to start with standard peripheral example on I2C ?

Posted on October 12, 2012 at 15:30

Hello, 

I have the same problem. Do you solve it ?

Posted on October 15, 2012 at 10:33

I've found the solution. I've forgotten to config cpal_i2c_hal_stm32f2xx.h file because this microntroller has several pins for the same I2C device. So the section 1 allows user to choose IO Pins for each device if possible (in accordance with used product: some products have only one possibility for the IO pins).